My Writing Rules
- Make it epic.
- Always come back to your main characters, themes, conflicts and desires.
- You must write with your whole heart; but at the same time, heartlessly.
- Conflict in literature (Man vs __ )
- You start the sentence, let your reader finish it emotionally.
- Write simple and clear.
- Interrupt your own plot(s), what the reader assumes is going to happen.
- Don't write more than you have to.
- Increase your story's tension.
Everyone has their own creative writing process. I use these tools constantly as I work: